To gain an appreciation of the key stages in western art and how they have influenced contemporary art.
To learn about the contemporary art landscape in the UK
To explore artistically some of these influential movements through practical tuition and application with a view to staging an exhibition back in China.
One week based in central London with bespoke visits to national and private galleries, museums and art institutions. Combining art appreciation with workshops, curator talks and artist studio visits, this programme enables participants
- To absorb the colourful and rich history of art
- To learn about the development and direction of the contemporary art landscape
- To learn painting techniques and skills
- Key movements and artists in western art from the Renaissance onwards
- The contemporary art landscape
- Confidence building through absorbing new knowledge and skills
- The ability to think critically and creatively
- Developing effective English communication skills
- Different painting techniques
- How to appreciate different works of art
Every child is an artist. The problem is how to remain an artist once we group up.Picasso
Creativity takes courageMatisse
A picture is a poem without wordsHorace
Learning Approach & Key Specialists
- Specialist and curator talks from world-leading art galleries, museums and institutions
- Artist studio visits
- Workshops to develop and explore artistic skills
What our clients think…
“Programme like this is wonderful in developing children's creativity”
If you are looking to book to attend this learning programme, please first check the schedule and then complete the short form to send us a booking enquiry.